Want something creamy, decadent, & delicious that is also light and healthy? Look no further #kidapproved. This recipe can be made with broccoli instead of cauliflower if you prefer.
INGREDIENTS (serves 8):
- I large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon whole wheat flour (1 used pulverized GG crackers)
- 1 ¾ cup fat-free shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup fat-free grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup skim milk (I used unflavored almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Boil water, add cauliflower and cook until softened (about 5 minutes)
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, & salt. Continue to whisk and add the flour 1 ½ cups of mozzarella and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. (You will have ¼ cup of each cheese to use later to top the dish).
- Drain the cauliflower and add to the wet ingredients. Pour into an 8×8 baking dish and top with the remaining cheeses and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese turns golden.
105 calories, 14g protein, 11 carb, 3 fiber, 8 net carb, 1g fat
(Because I zero out vegetables and only count them for fiber…I journal this as 6g carb, 3g fiber)
Originally posted 2020-02-04 17:35:20.