This is easy, dependable, delicious, and guarantees leftovers. The hardest part is remembering to turn on the crock-pot!
- 1 whole chicken (be sure to rinse it and take out the giblet bag)
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup water (or sherry)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Rinse, dry, & pat the chicken with salt and pepper
- Brown the chicken on both sides (2 minutes a side) in a pan, on high heat, on the stove.
- Pat the outside of the browned chicken (and the inside) with Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Put the chicken in the crock-pot, add the pan drippings & ¼ cup water.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add 3 tbsp lemon juice during the last hour of cooking
Originally posted 2019-09-25 13:45:13.