This is so easy, light, and delicious. I love it because I make it the night before and can enjoy the holiday morning with the family.
- 1 Joseph’s pita
- 9 oz. liquid egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- Small handful chopped spinach
- 4 tbsp diced canned green chiles (½ a 4oz can)
- 4 oz chopped mushrooms
- 3 slices bacon or ham (use what you have)
- Place one pita on the bottom of a casserole dish (mine is 5X7). You could double or triple this recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites, egg, veggies, chiles, chopped bacon, seasonings, and Parmesan.
- Pour over the pita in the casserole dish. You can cover this with foil the night before and bake in the morning (this is what I do) or bake immediately.
- Bake 350° for 45-50 minutes until the middle is set. If you use a larger pan, you may have to add extra time…say 30 minutes
Originally posted 2020-04-01 13:38:43.