*Use what you have. This will be the hardest part of this DELICIOUS recipe. I had vanilla protein and pouches of unflavored fiber. I was looking for a total of 1 cup of these ingredients combined.
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
Yields 24 mini muffins/ 6 regular muffins
- 2/3 cup finely ground almond flour, sifted
- 1 Cup of Protein Powder* and Powdered Unflavored fiber* (***** I used 1 cup measuring spoon, filled it with 2 scoops of protein powder (this was 20g of protein) PLUS 3 pouches of unflavored fiber (this totaled 30g fiber) to make a level cup
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp fine salt
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp MCT oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat the oven to 400° and spray a silicon mini muffin pan or regular size muffin pan
- Use a one-cup measuring cup and add 2 servings of protein powder (should be a little of ¾ full) and then add 3 pouches of unflavored fiber (to get an idea, my cup was level with the 3 pouches and this added 30g of fiber to the recipe). Use what you have, I’ll show the brands I used below.
- After measuring protein and fiber, add it to a medium bowl with the remainder of the dry ingredients, stir to break up any lumps.
- In a second medium-size bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and drop into the muffin tray
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden
These are great to freeze for later.
If you make them, tag me so I can share! @carpenterone80
Each Regular muffin or 4 mini muffins: 124 calories, 7 g fat, 12 carb, 6 fiber, 6 net carb, 10g protein
*Use what you have. I use IDLIfe Protein Powder (grass-fed, soy-free, gluten-free) and AdvoCare Unflavored Fiber.
Originally posted 2020-03-16 15:02:11.