Let’s be real, everything tastes better with tomato sauce and cheese!
Here is a healthy twist on a personal pizza. If you can master the art of trying a few different ingredients, the end result is a simple/delicious meal that is protein, fat, & fiber and #one80eating approved!
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 1)
- 2 Plantpower Sandwich Thins (it’s all cauliflower)
- 1 Tbsp Rao’s marinara sauce
- 1 Tbsp part-skim mozzarella
- 6 turkey pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spread the marinara on top of the Plantpower sandwich thins then alternate with mozzarella and pepperoni. Sprinkle a dash of oregano.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts
Nutrition info for 2 mini pizzas: 155 calories, 5g carb, 2g fiber, 3g net carb
The key to enjoying carbs while managing your weight comes down to two things: quality and quantity.
Quality carbs are often high in fiber and therefore low in net carbs. Low net carbs result in barely filling up your glycogen stores so that your body burns fat for fuel instead. When carbs are refined and have no fiber (like white pasta), focus on quantity so you don’t overfill your glycogen stores.
Cauliflower is lower in carbs (5g per cup) and it is an extremely healthy vegetable that is high fiber (supports weight loss and healthy digestion), vitamin C (helps with collagen productions), and vitamin K (prevents bone loss).
Originally posted 2020-06-13 08:25:26.