This is a dish that I am loving so much! It is creamy, delicious and so satisfying. You won’t miss the rice.
INGREDIENTS (serves 5)
2 ½ cups frozen bag riced broccoli
2 ½ cups frozen riced cauliflower
*2 pouches unflavored fiber (can be omitted, if you have it, use it. I wanted to up the fiber. This makes it creamy)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 ½ Tbsp chicken broth
½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup fresh basil
1 clove of garlic, minced
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
Avocado Oil Cooking Spray
- Prep the pesto. Using a blender or food processor, combine the basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, lemon juice and unflavored fiber (if using), and puree. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the olive oil and the chicken broth. Continue to puree until smooth.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray, cook the cauliflower and broccoli until tender.
- Once tender, remove the vegetables from the heat and stir in the pesto sauce and mix until it is well coated.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
*I use Avocado oil cooking spray over EVO or regular oil because it can handle higher temperatures before turning smoky or rancid. Try it!
* You can omit the unflavored fiber, I use it to increase the fiber for the dish and it adds to it’s “creaminess”
If you make them, tag me so I can share! @carpenterone80
Originally posted 2020-02-28 14:36:05.