This salad is a lighter version of an old favorite. To turn this into a meal, add grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp. Goat Cheese is also delicious with this.
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- (saute almonds in butter until lightly brown and sprinkle on top of finished salad)
- 1 large bag baby spinach, pre-washed
- 1 cups sliced Strawberries
- 1 ounce goat cheese (optional)
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ¼ cup Swerve sweetener (or Monkfruit) (sugar was in the original recipe)
- ½ cup avocado oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or MCT oil )
- 2 tsp minced onion
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- Combine all dressing ingredients into a mason jar, put a blender bottle in the jar, top with the lid and SHAKE!
- Just before serving toss the salad and almonds with the dressing
Originally posted 2019-04-17 14:07:50.