Do you get tired of salad? I do.
I wish I could come up with a fancier name for this but essentially it’s a bowl of vegetables that is protein, fat and fiber !
So “Bowl” it is.
- This is what I turn to when I’m tired of salads. Bowls seem fun.
- They are filling and they make your body feel good. When you feel good you do better!
- Please make you look good. The protein fat and fiber balance your blood sugar so weight loss weight management energy and a rev’ed metabolism is the result. All this in one bowl.
- This is a really easy way to eat at home and only takes 5 to 10 minutes to make using a lot of extra things that you have around the house. It is a lot more food, takes a lot better than a Lean Cuisine.
Part two of my proven method is helping my clients to understand what to put on their plate to keep their blood sugar and check. Let’s skip all the science just to say this will help you burn more fat for fuel!!!
I want you to get your veggies and greens and healthy fat and protein and this is a way to do it in one meal!
I have a bowl five times a week is and they are always different. You can put everything neatly in the bowl like I’ve shown you or you can mix it all together like a tossed salad.
Here’s how I construct a bowl
- PROTEIN 20 grams – chicken, salmon, steak, pork tenderloin, tofu, shrimp, eggs, Greek yogurt, protein powder, cottage cheese…you choose!
- FAT roughly 20 grams- pesto, avocado oil, truffle oil, olive oil, nuts or nut butters, guacamole, avocado, cheese, bacon, Chia seeds, Zen basil seeds, bacon…
- FIBER 8-16 grams- Broccoli, riced cauliflower, riced broccoli, bell peppers, radish, tomato, romaine, spinach, carrots, zucchini, spaghetti squash, green beans, etc….
- Bonus- sauerkraut, cilantro, pico de gallo, lemon or lime, vinegar, hot sauce, fermented veggies, homemade dressings or sauces, dill dip…
Heat up any of your leftovers in the microwave or eat them cold over a bed of greens or rice cauliflower/riced broccoli. Top with Greek yogurt or Chia seeds and nuts
One of my favorite quick bowls is any leftover protein from the night before over riced broccoli with a ton of leftover roasted vegetables, part of an avocado and a drizzle of olive oil. Some zen basil seeds for extra.
- Plain Greek yogurt + raspberries +cashew butter + zen basil seeds
- Cottage cheese + smoked salmon +avocado + tomato + cucumber + truffle oil (maybe with GG crackers)
- Eggs+bacon+avocado+pico de gallo + lime+ cilantro
- Grilled chicken+ avocado + Parmesan + broccoli + riced cauliflower + lemon juice
- Steam + bell peppers + onions + romaine + lime juice + cilantro
I do eat avocado often, it’s fat and FIBER! I like zen basil seeds as well (like chia)- I add them to bowls, my chocolate fluff, smoothies, and salads for extra fiber.
When you make a bowl, tag me on Instagram @carpenterone80 so I can see your creations!
Originally posted 2020-06-15 19:06:54.