We love chicken tortilla soup, and this is a “Chili twist” on that dish. It is extra light and healthy and I don’t have to change anything for anyone in my house. This is kid approved. I skipped the beans (because I don’t like them) and that let’s me use my carbs somewhere else. Feel free to add the beans if you love them.
- 3 medium bell peppers, diced (I used 2 red, 1 green)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Green enchilada sauce (½ a huge can…about 400g)
- 8 oz. (2 little cans) mild diced green chiles
- 1-1 ½ pounds shredded or chopped chicken (cooked)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup greek yogurt cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *1 cup frozen corn (optional- I skipped it because I just don’t like corn much)
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray, heat to medium/high and add peppers, onions, zucchini & salt. Cook 5-7 minutes or until soft
- Add garlic, and saute 2 minutes.
- Add green chiles, enchilada sauce, chicken, and chicken stock. Simmer on low for 15 minutes
- Stir in greed yogurt cream cheese (and corn if using) and simmer 5 minutes until cream cheese is combined
- I topped individual bowls with lime, cheese, sour cream, avocado, fresh cilantro, (and for the kid’s tortilla strips)!
nutritional info(per serving 1 cup): 71 calories, 8.4g Protein, 1.8g fat, 5.4g carb, 1g fiber
For journaling: 0g carb, 1g fiber
Originally posted 2020-01-29 16:44:52.