INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
Nonstick cooking spray
1 large onion, chopped
½ head cauliflower, broken into florets (-2 pounds of cauliflower florets)
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 large heads broccoli
Fresh parsley or scallions (optional)
1 cup water
4 cups all-natural chicken broth
1 tsp parsley
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
4 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Coat large dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the chopped onions to cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown (about 8 minutes).
- Add the garlic, celery, salt and pepper and begin to cook, stirring frequently (about 2 minutes).
- After 2 minutes add the broth and water. Cover and increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add broccoli and cauliflower.
- Reduce heat to medium, add parsley and Parmesan cheese. Cover and allow to simmer until broccoli and cauliflower are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Once broccoli and cauliflower are tender, remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup carefully until smooth. If you do not have an immersion blender, puree small batches in a blender and then return it to the pot.
- Allow the pot to reheat and the soup to simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stir in additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls to serve. Garnish with chopped parsley/scallions, grated Parmesan cheese, and additional salt and pepper to taste.
If you make them, tag me so I can share! @carpenterone80
NUTRITIONAL COUNT PER SERVING
150 calories, 12g protein, 24g carb, 8g fiber, 16g net carb, 3g fat
For journaling 0g carbohydrate, 8g fiber
(non starchy vegetables are considered to have no carbohydrates, meat and fat also have no carbohydrate)
Originally posted 2019-10-06 15:13:02.