INGREDIENTS ( serves 10, 4 meatballs per serving)
2 pounds 97% lean beef
½ cup bran flakes (Bob’s Mill) or 10 GG Fiber Crispbreads, pulverized to sprinkles
½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
½ cup water
1 large sweet onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut into fifths (40 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 400. Line baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except mozzarella cheese; mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 40 meatballs and place them on a baking sheet. One at s time, place each meatball in your palm, press the mozzarella cube into the meatball and roll back and forth to cover the cube completely.
- Place on the baking sheets and bake for 35 minutes & may need to rotate the trays ½ way through the cooking time.
- Serve with pasta of choice or zoodles.
Per serving 8g carbohydrate and 4 grams fiber
Originally posted 2019-10-08 16:39:35.