A version of this dish can be found in several restaurants…
- 1 pound string beans, washed, with ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup Rao’s Marinara or Tomato Basil Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp Slivered almonds
- Wash and trim ends of string beans. Cut in half and place aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add I teaspoon olive oil, garlic, and diced shallots, and saute until translucent.
- Add the sliced cherry tomatoes and cook until juices are released
- Add 2 tablespoons tomato paste and saute for another 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce. Add string beans, stir, and cover for 20 minutes or until string beans are tender.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a platter and sprinkle red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.
For Journaling 3g carb 5g fiber
Originally posted 2019-11-20 14:46:13.